Frey Surgery for Chronic Pancreatitis in Mumbai, India
Chronic pancreatitis – Frey surgery for chronic pancreatitis – Depending on the form of treatment and many other factors, The estimate of Frey Surgery for Chronic Pancreatitis in, Mumbai, India varies from INR 4,00,000/- To INR 10,00,000/-
Points To Be Noted:
- ESTIMATE of surgical procedure mentioned is only an approximate one and NOT A FIX PACKAGE. It aims to give a ROUGH IDEA of the cost of surgery.
- Estimate of a particular surgical procedure DEPENDS ON MULTIPLE FACTORS like class of accommodation, type of disease, exact nature of surgery, underlying patient condition, comorbid factors, need for special equipment / drugs / ICU care etcetera. Hence the best estimate can be given only after examining the patient and after going through all the reports.
- Estimate given here presumes that the patient has a stay of standard expected number of days for that procedure, does not have comorbid conditions that increase stay / merit ICU monitoring / need specialized investigations & care, does not have a complex disease that requires longer complex surgery / alteration in the standard surgical plan / longer ICU stay / special equipment / drugs / blood components etcetera and has a smooth recovery without any complications and timely discharge. ANY DEVIATIONS FROM ABOVE CRITERIA RESULTS IN ESCALATION OF TREATMENT EXPENSES.
- Estimate of surgical procedure includes bed charge, OT charge, anesthesia charge, anesthetist charge, operating team (surgeon & assistant) charge, standard ICU stay when expected, standard investigations in the postoperative in-hospital stay, standard disposables / consumables / drugs / material / equipment etcetera. IT EXCLUDES PREOPERATIVE INVESTIGATIONS & TREATMENT, MANAGEMENT OF INTRA / POSTOPERATIVE UNTOWARD EVENTS / COMPLICATIONS, POST-DISCHARGE EXPENSES, SURCHARGE LEVIED BY SOME HOSPITALS ON FOREIGN NATIONAL PATIENTS ETCETERA.
- GASTROINTESTINAL & HEPATOPANCRETOBILIARY SURGERIES HAVE MORBIDITY RATES VARYING FROM 0.5 TO 30 PERCENT depending on the surgery, patient condition and the underlying disease. The morbidity is least for a procedure like cholecystectomy and is more for procedure like liver / pancreatic resection. Fortunately majority of these are minor complications and risk of major complications is less than 5 percent in standard cases.
- The estimates are only applicable when surgery is performed by Dr. D.R.Kulkarni & at the hospitals he is affiliated to.
- THE FOLLOWING ESTIMATES ARE IN INDIAN RUPEES & ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN FUTURE (INR 68 approx. = USD 1; however conversion rates fluctuate).
Frey Surgery for Chronic Pancreatitis
Class of Accommodation GENERAL:
Class of Accommodation TWIN SHARING / DOUBLE OCCUPANCY:
Class of accommodation BASIC SINGLE OCCUPANCY:
Looking for Best hospital for pancreatitis In India?
LPC is owned & managed by Dr.D.R. Kulkarni (HPB surgeon).The outpatients are evaluated at Lilavati Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai by Dr. Kulkarni and inpatients are managed at one of the tertiary care hospitals he is attached to. His support team consists of hepatologist, Gl endoscopist, intensive care specialist, intervention radiology specialist and medical oncologist.
For appointment contact on: +91 9821046391 | visit: www.liverandpancreasclinic.com
This section deals with the particular problem you have with your pancreas – “Chronic Pancreatitis”. So what is it, what causes it, and how can it be treated?
What Is Chronic Pancreatitis?
This refers to a continuous ongoing low-grade inflammation of the pancreas. Because of the continuous inflammation, scar tissue develops within the pancreas. At first this may result in loss of part of the enzyme producing part of the pancreas. After a variable period of time (which could be after some weeks or months but is usually after many years), the insulin-making part of the pancreas may become destroyed.
For reasons that are not understood, many patients with chronic pancreatitis develop calcium deposits in the pancreas tissue and may form calcium stones in the pancreatic tissue & main pancreatic duct or its side branches. Blockage of the ducts by scar tissue (stricture) or stones will stop enzymes being delivered to the gut and impair digestion. The pancreatic duct may enlarge if it is blocked.
What Causes Chronic Pancreatitis?
The cause of chronic pancreatitis is usually due to alcohol drinking in seven out of ten individuals. In three out of ten people there are other causes such as narrowing of the pancreatic duct and hereditary causes. In many cases, the cause remains unknown. If alcohol is thought to be the cause, it is essential that all alcohol drinking be stopped.
Other conditions that have been linked to pancreatitis are:
- Autoimmune problems (when the immune system attacks the body)
- Blockage of the pancreatic duct due to various reasons like trauma, Pancreas divisum (congenital anatomical problem) or Annular pancreas (congenital anatomical problem) or Abnormal joining of pancreatic & bile duct (congenital anatomical problem)
- Heredity or genetic problems
- High blood calcium levels (hypercalcemia)
- High parathyroid hormone levels due to any cause (hyperparathyroidism)
- Tropical pancreatitis